Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Annoyed with Andrew Zimmern

Before I even get started into this big mess...please read Andrew Zimmern's article.


http://andrewzimmern.com/content/bourdain-deen-bruni-redzepi%E2%80%A6and-why-it-matters

When I first read this article I was livid....that Zimmern had this point of view, and would just flat out and say it, when he himself fits into the category of being overweight. I just feel that if he came about the article with more understanding instead of sounding so judgmental, and elitist than he would've not had so many people on his case. Basically you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

My whole point is, if he decides that he wants to be a new promoter for healthy eating/being green, he should show us instead of sounding like such a jerk. I would've expected Anthony Bourdain to write up that article. From watching No Reservations the viewers can understand that he's a certain type of personality. Of course Anthony Bourdain is freaken amazing, but at the same time you know that he probably doesn't take shit from anyone...because he's made a name for himself. Everyone can guess that he's a big drinker, chain smoker, and has a mouth that spews out cuss words every few seconds. But we know that about him, and yet we still watch/listen to his shows because people respect him regardless. In the food industry all head chef's are like that. If you work the line, and mess up you get called out. A perfect example is Gordon Ramsay.

One of the reasons that I enjoyed watching Bizarre Foods was because he seemed like a nicer food critic/chef. Basically a show that you would allow your children to watch, because unlike Bourdain, and Ramsay...Zimmern seemed a lot more homely and personable. Most chefs are overweight...why? because they have a love for food! Why is America fat? Because America loves food. I'm not saying that America is fat from eating from eating pate, and pig feet. But everyone has their poison whether it be cheetos to cow tongue, both are high in fat.

Everyone knows that there is an obesity problem in America, but its time to find a resolution instead of pointing fingers to chefs that don't exactly make the healthiest foods. Michelle Obama, and Jaime Oliver are perfect examples, having their own campaign to eat more fresh fruits and veggies. Changing the cafeteria lunches for kids in school. These people will go a lot further than just writing articles and getting their fans riled up about the topic. There are a few really healthy restaurants around my area like:

  • The Wheel of Life
  • Korean Tofu houses
  • Taco Loco
  • The Cyclery
  • Flame Broiler (if you have a tight budget)
  • Native Foods
  • Gypsy Den
So shouldn't we be commending the families and corporations that open up restaurants that promote healthy eating? instead of focusing on the bad stuff? Sure restaurants usually use quite a lot more oil than we use at home. Which is why people shouldn't eat out too often.  If Andrew Zimmern decides that he has such a drive to promote healthy eating... he has the means to open a restaurant that only serves organic and healthy items.  Or maybe Zimmern should admit to the fact that it's ok to eat unhealthy...in moderation. Actions speak louder than words...Yes I found these picture on his Bizarre Foods website.
Is Chinese Take Out healthy?

Ohh! what about processed meats with fat?

I just had to add this one....Basically 2 days after posting his Paula Deen is the devil article, he decides to post a photo of his son eating some kind of fair food sandwich, which undoubtedly contains trans fat and tons of grease.


I'm not going to sit here and lie, I admit it I have a problem with food. If I didn't why else would I be fat? But to say that I'm fat because all I eat is junk is kinda wack. Of course, I'm the girl that will reach for the ice cream when I go through a break up. Just because I'm fat doesn't mean that I don't eat veggies. Food is a type of addiction...the worst kind I think. Why because if you're fat most people will judge you just because of the way you look. Walking down the street, would you have an easier time spotting the alcoholic or the fat girl? Right? everyone has their own issues, people should be more understanding of others. I'm working on me...but I can only do it one day at a time. I know that I'm unhealthy sometimes...We all live in the same world...but why is there so much hate? Anyways....I'm tired....I could keep talking until I die about this stuff...feel free to respond if you want....

Hugs and Kisses <3

Lulu

No comments:

Post a Comment